Have an event we should know about? Please Contact Us
- This event has passed.
Girls in Aviation @ Lone Star Flight Museum
September 24 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Girls in Aviation Day at Lone Star Flight Museum is presented by Cher & John Floyd and in partnership with Women in Aviation International-Houston Chapter, inspires girls to expand their interest in aviation and explore the opportunities available in both aviation and STEM. We will welcome 200 girls ages 10-17 and spend an exciting day immersing them in the world of aviation and discovering the possibilities of their own future. And it’s really FUN too!
- Attendees will hear from leaders in the aviation industry including pilots, mechanics, engineers, astronauts, designers and more!
- A lunch and panel discussion with women leaders in STEM and Aviation will give the girls an opportunity to ask them questions about their profession.
- Aircraft tours, Pilot Experience, Maintenance Activities, Flight Academy and more throughout the museum.
- Career Fair (open to all museum visitors) will include booths from a variety of schools, aviation companies and military outfits.
- Visiting planes on the ramp are a chance to get up close and personal with some amazing aircraft.