Have an event we should know about? Please Contact Us
- This event has passed.
Public Life: Recording the Blur Bike Tour
August 7 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us for a bike tour of our public art exhibition of Public Life: Recording the Blur, which features works by artists Francis Almendárez, Yan Wang Preston, Lindokuhle Sobekwa, and Kara Springer. The tour will be led by FotoFest Executive Director, Steven Evans, and Associate Curator, Max Fields. Learn about the artists and artworks on view while exploring the Arts District Houston neighborhood. Following the tour, breakfast tacos and light refreshments will be served.
This event is free and open to the public. Masks are required to attend. For those who do not have a bike, we have you covered! FotoFest has partnered up with B-Cycle to provide FREE bike rentals for those who do not have one of their own. To reserve a bike, visit the ticketing options and select “free bike reservation.” The tour will meet at the FotoFest Headquarters located at 2000 Edwards Street.
- We encourage attendees to wear masks, especially when interacting with others.
- Attendees should maintain 6 feet of distance between those outside of their household.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be available.
- Breakfast tacos are individually wrapped, and coffee and tea will be poured by two FotoFest Staff members.
- If you are feeling ill, or have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last two weeks, please stay home. We invite you to view Public Life: Recording the Blur until August 29, accessible by car, foot, or bike. Click here for information about the exhibition, including a list of addresses to the exhibition sites.