With Houston dubbed one of the “Culinary Capitals of the US” by the NY Times, one thing we haven’t stopped doing since having kids is enjoying the amazing local restaurants that Houston has to offer. Of course, you can’t always get a sitter, and bringing the kids is part of the organized chaos that goes along with parenting. These restaurants not only have awesome food but are kid-friendly so you can relax and enjoy your meal!
- Little Matt’s – This gem of a restaurant, located in the heart of West U, is a child’s dream, practically the Willy Wonka of eateries. Little Matt’s offers a stocked candy bar, ice cream, a slushy machine, an arcade room, an iPad station, picnic style tables and a nice patio. Oh yes, and the food is good! Parents can also be served “adult beverages” based on donation (due to zoning laws). My favorite part of this dining wonderland is that proceeds go to help children and families affected by cancer.
- Fuddruckers – A casual dining spot with an indoor playground and a menu that includes burgers, salads, and shakes.
- Mia’s Table – Offers a family-friendly environment, comfort food, and a play area for kids.
- The Backyard Grill – A sports-themed restaurant with a large outdoor play area, arcade games, and a menu featuring burgers, sandwiches, and more.
- Stomping Grounds Play Cafe – A cafe with a play area specifically designed for young children, offering coffee, snacks, and light bites for adults.
- Mendocino Farms – a family-friendly locale that focuses on serving high-quality, locally sourced, and chef-driven sandwiches, salads, and other food items.