This Thanksgiving, put your kiddos to work by making the centerpiece for the table! This craft is fun and easy for any child to make. They will have fun and remain busy while you are tending to company or preparing the home for your big meal!
|What you’ll need:
How to make your turkey pumpkin centerpiece:
- Print out the feather, face, wings and feet template and trace onto construction paper. You will need 2 feathers in each color, 10 total.
- Cut out feathers and tape a skewer between each color. This will help keep the tail sturdy when connected to the pumpkin. (see picture) Make all 5 colored feathers, fan them out, then tape together at the bottom to look like the tail. Tape or glue to the back of the pumpkin.
- Trace and cut out the wings and attach to the sides of the pumpkin.
- Trace and cut out the head and beak. You will need 2 heads! Use a skewer and tape between the 2 heads to keep the head up so it doesn’t droop! Glue/tape on googly eyes and beak. Attach to the front of the pumpkin.
- Trace and cut out the feet. Using 2 long strips of construction paper, fold accordion style to make the legs long and crazy! Glue/tape the feet to the end of the legs. Attach the legs to the bottom of the pumpkin.
For more crafts and activities click here on the original article