Cryotherapy is a quick, easy and routine way to organically benefit your overall health on its own, or when paired with your existing wellness plan. This simple, three-minute experience exposes your body to the coldest temperatures on earth in order to boost the body’s natural processes to burn calories and help alleviate symptoms of existing health conditions.
Cryotherapy, which literally means “cold therapy,” is a technique where the body is exposed to extremely cold temperatures for several minutes. It can be delivered to just one area, or you can opt for whole-body cryotherapy.
You can get benefits from just one session of cryotherapy, but it’s most effective when used regularly. Some athletes use cryotherapy twice a day. Others will go daily for 10 days and then once a month afterward.
The top 10 Benefits of cryotherapy include:
- Faster recovery from injury.
- Decreased muscle soreness.
- Reduced inflammation and swelling.
- Reduced stress and anxiety.
- Increase in energy.
- Increase metabolism promoting weight loss.
- Improved circulation, sleep, mood and libido.
- Improved immunity lowering incidence of colds and flu.
- Pain relief from joint disorders, rheumatoid diseases and fibromyalgia.
- Improved appearance by increasing collagen production and helping reduce cellulite, psoriasis, blemishes and acne.
Where to Chill Out? Well, lucky for us Defy Cryotherapy and Float is our neighborhood Wellness Center!
3800 Southwest Freeway Ste. #108
Ps. We are not the only ones who love Cryo – check out this video of Ryan Seacrest and Arnie Hammer keeping cool!