This salad is one of my favorites to make because it’s simple, delicious and holds up in the fridge for a long time. It’s perfect for weeknight meals with a side of protein, lunch or as a side to bring to a friend’s house for dinner.
Two keys to making this your new favorite salad: Dressing it ahead of time and the type of kale you use. Dressing the salad a good 1-2 hours before serving so the kale can break down a bit and the flavors all start to melt together. Finally, make sure to use Lacatino Kale (or Dinosaur Kale)! I find this is a softer bite and is not as bitter as other types of kale.
- 1 bunch of Lacatino Kale
- 1 bag of shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 whole lemon
- 1/3 cup of quality olive oil
HOW TO MAKE
- In a food processor, grind up 1 slice of your favorite bread and add any seasoning you like – I like an Italian blend (Can use store-bought bread crumbs too, but would not recommend for this salad)
- Thinly chop the kale into strips and add to a bowl with the bag of shaved Brussels
- Add in cheese, bread crumbs, juice of one lemon and olive oil
- Toss until all if combined
- Let it marinate up to 4 hours before serving
- Salt and Pepper to taste (remember, parm can be salty!)