Lately, we’re grilling non-stop. It’s a no-brainer – enjoy the outdoors with your family while skipping the hot kitchen and cleanup. This recipe from Jo Keohane, the mom of three and recipe developer behind The Family Food Kitchen, is perfect for meal prep. Grill up these versatile, juicy thighs and use them all week long in salads, sandwiches and more!
HONEY LIME GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS
- 2 lbs Chicken Thighs – boneless & skinless
- 2 Limes – juice only
- 4 cloves Garlic – peeled
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- Pinch Ground Black Pepper
1. Whisk together the lime, garlic, honey, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a small bowl with a fork.
2. Place the chicken in a wide flat bowl or lasagne pan and pour the marinade over. Mix it around until evenly coated.
3. Cover and marinade in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours but ideally overnight so it really gets into the chicken. Stir occasionally.
4. Pre-heat the grill to medium high. Remove the garlic cloves and grill chicken over a medium hot grill for 5 -6 minutes on each side, until it is is cooked through, the juices run clear and/or or an instant read thermometer registers 165ºF/75ºC when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.
5. Let chicken rest, covered in foil, for around 10 minutes before serving.