Now that we have almost made it through the first month of the new year, it’s the perfect time to check in with yourself and to confirm that your resolutions are still functioning in high gear. Many moms mentioned that one of their biggest goals for 2019 was to get (and stay) organized throughout the year. It is a task that I struggle with myself, so to help keep me in line I always like to check in with Leslie Isaacks of Method31, my secret weapon for staying on top of the clutter. She and I sat down recently and I’m excited to share her productivity-boosting tips to keep your new year’s motivation going strong!
Per the video, below is Leslie’s cheatsheet which conveniently corresponds to the letters in her company name as an easy way to remember your daily tips:
1. M – Make your bed every day, this helps to reinforce your intention to stay organized and promotes respect for your home.
2. E – Evaluate your needs in a space to help you decide what to keep.
3. T – Time yourself! Whether it’s 20 minutes a day or 10 minutes twice a day, set a timer and actually put things away- every day.
4. H – “How often do you use it?” Ask yourself this question when you can’t decide if an item can continue taking up space in your home.
5. O – Optimize counters for daily use items. Anything you use less often should be put away unless it’s the most beautiful thing you own!
6. D – Digitize! Digitize! Digitize! Whether you are photo scanning, clearing clutter, organizing your computer, creating a better storage system in your home or creating a new family biography book, 2019 is a fantastic year to get started! One of our favorite local resources is Doorstep Digital offering a variety of scanning, backing up and digital organizing services.
Click here to read about my recent experience.
One of the most impactful tasks that I have implemented from working with Leslie is H – “How often do you use it?” … I realized I was holding on to things that I hadn’t used in months (if not years) that I was saving “just in case”. We were able to recycle and donate dozens of items, and purging things that really simply needed to be thrown away!
Click here to read how Leslie helped me declutter my home (and my mind) last year! PS you can grab your copy of the ‘method’ below! Press and hold to download the image via mobile or right click to download the image on your desktop.