What Is a POD?
In the context of virtual school, a learning POD is formed when a few families decide to bring their kids together in a private setting and hire an instructor or learning coach to supervise and help the kids with their online school lessons and assignments.
If you’re thinking about it – here are three things to keep in mind:
- It may feel a bit uncomfortable. Some aspects of forming a pod, even with friends, could feel uncomfortable. You’ll have to talk about sensitive subjects and potentially tell somebody you know that you’re not comfortable with forming a POD with them. What helps?
- Acknowledge the awkwardness and the need for transparency early on with the other families.
- Use the Camppedia Family Discussion Guide to collect all the relevant information without any pressure.
—[Download it here]—
- Take a deep breath – you’re doing something difficult but necessary to care for your family in the way that you’re comfortable
- If you go your own way, these are 2 of the lowest cost payroll services we found: Poppins Payroll and Wave (both start around $39/month)