We’ve been baking these amazing muffins packed full of protein and delicious veggies and cannot get enough of them. You can eat them hot or cold, for breakfast, lunch or dinner or as a post-workout snack (my favorite). I love to sprinkle a bit of cheddar cheese over the top, but each to their own of course!
They’re filling too – the ingredients below will make six of these egg muffins (and you can add subtract as many veggies as you choose). I’ve been taking them out and about with me and eating a couple at a time as a large snack. Yummy…
• 1 bell pepper (your favorite color)
• half of an onion or two green onions
• one or two tomato
• 6 eggs
• 1 handful spinach/ green leaves
• cheddar cheese (optional)
• ½-1 tsp salt and a pinch of pepper
• Hot sauce or salsa (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Wash and dice the pepper, onions and tomatoes. and put them in a large mixing bowl.
3. Wash the spinach, lightly chop it and add it to the bowl as well.
4. Add the eggs and salt and a pinch of pepper. Mix well.
5. Optionally add some hot sauce or salsa…
6. Grease the muffin tin with oil and baking brush and pour the egg mixture evenly into the muffin slots. (If you think they might still stick to the pan use some muffin cups or cut out some baking paper and to use as cups – definitely saves time on doing the washing up
7. If you’re so inclined then layering some cheese over the top of each muffin before they go into the oven is a delicious addition! You can also mix in the cheese to the batter.
8. Pop the tray into the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.
9. Bon Appetit!!